Irish coffee is a bewitching combination of sweet, whiskey-laced coffee through softly-whipped cream. Very simple, very indulgent, very delicious.
- 50 Ml Unsweetened Cold Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp Soft Brown Sugar
- 50 Ml Irish Whisky
- 1 Cup Freshly Brewed Coffee
- To sprinkle Nutmeg (optional)
- Fill a tall glass (traditionally with a stem) with hot boiling water, leave to stand and then pour away the water.
- Whip the cream until the bubbles disappear and it has just started to thicken and form ribbons underneath the whisk. Put back in the refrigerator.
- Dissolve the sugar in 2 tablespoons of hot water in a small pan and bring to a boil. Add some freshly brewed rich coffee and stir. Then remove from heat and stir in the whisky.
- Pour the mixture of whisky, sugar and coffee into the bottom of the pre-heated glass.
- Take the cold cream out of the fridge, whisk once again, then pour it on over the back of a spoon (to prevent it from sinking) until you hit the rim of the glass.
- Grate a little nutmeg over the top and serve immediately.