Dhokla is a delicious, steamed lentil and rice batter cake. The batter is cooked, and then spices and curry leaves are added to make tempering. Garnished with coconut, sesame seeds, and coriander leaves, it is presented to the guests.
- 1 cup of Semolina
- 1 cup of Yoghurt
- ½tsp salt to taste
- ¼tsp turmeric
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 2tsp chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp Eno fruit salts
- To season you will need 2tblsps of oil and 1tsp black mustard seeds and 2 green chillis cut into slices and deseeded so they are not too hot.
How to make Dhokla
- Put the semolina and yogurt in a mixing bowl along with the salt, turmeric, green chili, and coriander and mix well using a spoon.
- Add 2tsp of lemon juice and mix to a batter. If it is too thick add a little water.
- Let the batter rest for about 30 minutes or more.
- Grease the bottom of a cake tin with oil and put the batter into it. Mix in 1tsp of Eno into your mixture and stir in well.
- Put the mixture into the cake tin and spread it out.
- Put it into a steamer. A pan of boiling water with a rack on the bottom will be fine and cover the pan.
- Steam your Dhokla for about 10 minutes.
- Check if it is cooked by putting a fork into the Dhokla.
- If it comes out dry it.
- Remove the cake tin from the steamer and allow it to cool a little.
- To make the seasoning add the 2 tbsp oil to a small pan then add the mustard seeds until they pop and add the chili. Cook for a minute and it should be ready.
- Cut the Dhokla into squares or diamond shapes.
- Spoon over the seasoning and serve and enjoys.
- It should be lovely and fluffy.
- Serve with some chutney.
Nisha Madhulika Recipes
Tea & Coffee: Nisha Madhulika Tea & Coffee
Breakfast Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Breakfast Recipes
Soup Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Soup Recipes
Main Course Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Recipes
Desserts Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Desserts Recipes
Kids Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Kids Recipes
Pasta Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Pasta Recipes
Smoothie Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Smoothie Recipes
Zero Oil Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Zero Oil Recipes
Diabetic Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Diabetic Recipes
Diet & Health Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Diet & Health Recipes
Recipes By Nisha Madhulika
- SMOOTH & JUICY – Recipes To Look Great And Feel Amazing!
- MILK, VEGAN – 33 Recipes For Plant-Based Milk
- RAW FOOD SELF MADE – A Journey Across Raw Food Cuisine
- FEELS GREAT. TASTES GREAT. CHRISTMAS!
- 100% RAW LOVE – The Ultimate Recipe Collection
- Trending Pastry Techniques (Cakes & Desserts)
- Khaman dhokla recipe (soft & spongy) – Swasthi’s Recipes
- Khaman Dhokla | Khaman Recipe » Dassana’s Veg Recipes
- Dhokla Recipe – Homemade Gujrati Khaman Dhokla | Cult.fit