Bhel puri is a savoury snack, originating from the Indian subcontinent, and is also a type of chaat. It is made of puffed rice, vegetables and a tangy tamarind sauce. Bhel is often identified with the beaches of Mumbai, such as Chowpatty or Juhu.
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 oz. crushed potato chips
- 2 oz. salted peanuts
- 1 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
- Mix the puffed rice, chickpeas, potatoes, onions and peanuts.
- Add tomato sauce, mix well and then sprinkle salt and the sev/potato chips.
- The mixture must be made immediately before serving, or the puffed rice will turn soggy.
- Spread some fresh coriander leaves.
- Enjoy Bhel Puri.