CHEELA TOMATO | BESAN CHEELA | TOMATO OMELETTE
Cheela Tomato (Tomato Omelette). Besan Chila, essentially an Indian high protein gram flour crepe is also known as a tomato omelette in certain parts of our country. Jowar & Tomato Cheela is a simple diabetic friendly recipe of a healthy cheela recipe made with a combination of jowar flour, maize flour etc.
- 1 pound tomatoes, peeled and pureed
- 1 pound besan or gram flour or Jowar flour or maize flour
- 4 green chillies, minced
- 1 small bunch of coriander leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon til (sesame seeds)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt and chilli powder to taste
- 6 teaspoons sugar
How to make Cheela Tomato
- Form a soft batter by mixing together all the above
- Heat a griddle (tawa) to smoking. Then lower the heat
and grease it well with ghee.
- Put 1/4 cup of batter on it and spread it into a thin even
- When the undersides turn golden, put a little more ghee around the edges and turn over.
- Remove from heat when both sides turn golden brown.
Serve piping hot with green chutney.
- Enjoy Cheela Tomato.
Cheela Tomato Video