Cholar Dal Recipe | Narkel Kishmish Diye | Bengali Dal Recipe | Vegetarian Bengali Chana Dal Recipe
Cholar Dal is a traditional Bengali recipe of chana dal which cooked with coconut and other devices.
Ingredients for Cholar Dal
- Channa Dal 150g
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
- Rapeseed Oil 1tsp
- Green Finger Chilli 1
- Bay Leaf 1
- Asafoetida 1pinch
- Green Cardamoms 2
- Onion Seeds 1/4 tsp
- Dried Red Chillies 2 medium size
- Cumin 1tsp
Instructions for Cholar Dal
- Pick over the lentils to check for stones and then placed in the sieve and wash under the cold water. soak lentils in 400 ml of cold water for the two hours.
- Drain the lentils and put them into a saucepan with 250 ml of boiling water and add the turmeric and green chilli.
- Simmer gently for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Discard the green chilli and pure half the lentils in a blender.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based pan.
- Add the bay leaf, asafoetida, cardamoms, cinnamon, onion seeds, red chillies and cumin.
- Enjoy Cholar Dal.