HOMEMADE ICE CREAM RECIPE | HOMEMADE ICE CREAM
Homemade Ice Cream Recipe comes in two basic styles: Custard-style (also called French) and Philadelphia-style (also called New York or American).
- The custard-style ice cream starts with a cooked base enriched with egg yolks, sugar, and cream. This style of ice cream has the smoothest, creamiest, richest texture and flavour.
- Philadelphia-style ice cream contains no eggs, eliminating the need to cook a base. The texture is lighter and more delicate than custard-style ice cream. It’s also faster to make because there’s no cooked base to cool before churning.
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups half-and-half
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
How to make Homemade Ice Cream Recipe
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and half of the sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the cream, half-and-half, salt, and remaining sugar.
- Heat the mixture over medium-high heat, stirring often, until it comes to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the cream mixture to the egg mixture while whisking constantly (this helps prevent the eggs from cooking).
- Repeat with another 1/2 cup of the cream mixture.
- Using a heatproof spatula, stir the cream mixture in the saucepan constantly as you pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thickened and mixture coats the back of the spatula, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl and whisk in the vanilla extract. Set the bowl in an ice bath and stir the base occasionally until it’s cooled to room temperature. Remove the bowl from the ice bath, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy Home Made Ice Cream.
Tea & Coffee: Nisha Madhulika Tea & Coffee
Breakfast Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Breakfast Recipes
Vegetarian Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Recipes
Soup Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Soup Recipes
Desserts Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Desserts Recipes
Kids Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Kids Recipes
Diet & Health Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Diet & Health Recipes
Foodie Human Recipes
Tea & Coffee: Foodie Human Tea & Coffee
Breakfast Recipes: Foodie Human Breakfast Recipes
Soup Recipes: Foodie Human Soup Recipes
Desserts Recipes: Foodie Human Desserts Recipes
Non-Vegetarian Recipes: Foodie Human Recipes
Health Drinks: Foodie Human Health Drinks
Read Latest Articles:
Bluehost Hosting | Web Hosting | eCommerce Hosting | WordPress Hosting | VPS Hosting | Shared Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
TMD Hosting | Web Hosting | Cloud hosting | WordPress Hosting | VPS Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated Servers