KALAKAND RECIPE | MILK CAKE RECIPE | MILK CAKE KALAKAND RECIPE
Kalakand is an Indian sweet made out of solidified, sweetened milk and paneer. Kalakand, a delicious milk-based sweet with hints of cardamon, is yet another way of enjoying the goodness of milk.
Table of Contents
- Paneer/Indian Cottage cheese: 500 gm.
- Milk powder: 2 tbsp. (heaped)
- Low-fat Condensed milk: 1 tin. (~15 oz./450 gm.)
- Green Cardamom powder: 2-3 tsp.
- Ghee/butter : 2 tbsp.
- Food Color(Orange) : 1/2 tsp.(optional)
How to make Kalakand Recipe
- Mash paneer coarsely. Add milk powder to it and mix well and again mash the mixture.
for some time, until the texture is not only mushy but kind of grainy.
- Heat a wide pan, add ghee to it, leave a little to grease a plate. When ghee is totally
melted, add paneer mixture to the pan. Stir for a minute.
- Then add 2/3 of condensed milk and mix with paneer well.
- Don’t forget to stir the mixture all the time, otherwise, it’ll stick to the pan and burn and lower the heat to medium. Adding color to it, isn’t necessary, as Kalakand is normally white in color.
- If you want to add the color, add it now and stir immediately to mix it evenly in the paneer mixture.
- Cook the mixture, stirring continuously for about 5 minutes.
- Then taste the sweet level, if you think it is well as per your taste, then add the rest of the condensed milk accordingly.
Mix the milk well. Cook the mixture until it dries up Remove from heat and add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Grease a plate with the rest of the ghee and pour the cooked paneer mixture on the plate
and spread evenly.
- Cool for 1/2 an hour and then cut into desired shapes, square, or diamond shape.
- Enjoy Kalakand.
- Be Foodie Human.
Calories in Kalakand
|Total Fat||1.9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8.4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.0 g|