ALMOND KATLI | ALMOND KATLI RECIPE
Almond katli is a rich and healthy sweet recipe made of almond, ghee, and sugar. This tantalizing almond barfi can be prepared for any festival.
- Almond powder – 100 gms
- Sugar – 65 gms
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Liquid glucose – 10gms
- Saffron – a pinch
How to make Almond Katli
- To make 100 gms almond powder:
- Mix 120 gms of the whole almond with 1 cup of water and MW Hi for 3 minutes.
- Remove, Blanche & dry.
- Keep in a plate, spread out & MW Hi for 2 minutes.
- Cool & powder, pulsating to prevent it from becoming sticky.
- Measure out. The measure is important to get it right.
- Add a ½ cup of sugar to water & boil, stirring occasionally, to get one string syrup.
- Remove & add all other ingredients.
- Mix very well – it will be a sticky dough.
- Spread on greased butter paper.
- Level well, cool & cut into pieces.
- Before it dries up, sprinkle chopped pista to garnish.
- Enjoy Almond Katli.