Aloo Tikki|How to Make Aloo Tikki
Aloo Tikki is a wonderful little potato patty spiced and fried in breadcrumbs until golden brown. This is served in India as a street dish.
- 5 or 6 medium potatoes boiled whole in their skins
- 1 onion finely chopped and gently sweated until soft
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2tsp grated or ground ginger
- 2tsp garam masala
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- A few sprigs of fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1-2tsp chilli powder to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh or ready-made bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- When the potatoes are cool grate them with a grater and add the peas, onion and spices.
- And using your hand’s mix well so that the spices are evenly distributed with all the ingredients.
- Make into small balls in your hand and then flatten.
- Dip each side of the potato patty into breadcrumbs and coat each side and fry in hot oil each side until golden brown.
- If you make them fairly small they can be an excellent little appetiser or made larger you could put them between a burger bun.
- Serve with some chutney.
- Enjoy Aloo Tikki.
- Be Foodie Human.