Dum Arbi Recipe | Dum Arbi | How to Make Dum Arbi | Colocasia Roots Recipe
- Arbi – 400 gms
- Tomato – 3
- Green Chillis – 3
- Ginger – 1 inch long piece
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Hing – 1 or 2 pinch
- Cumin Seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
- Salt – 2/3 tsp or as per taste
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 8 (finely chopped)
- Ajwain – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard Oil – to fry
- Wash thoroughly Abri and boil it in a cooker with 1 cup of freshwater up to one whistle.
- once Arbi boiled, peel them and let them cool and after cooling press them with spatula or hands.
- Wash tomatoes and cut them, break the stems from green chillies and chop them finely.
- Wash ginger peel and cut in big pieces. put all of them in the mixer and make a paste. meanwhile, whisk an of curd and keep them aside.
- Heat some mustard oil in a pan and fry Arbis carefully in oil, till they get golden brown in colour. take them out in a plate after complete frying, and get prepared to make gravy.
- Keep aside 2 tsp oil and use the rest to make gravy. heat the oil in a pan and tamper the ajwian seeds and hing in it.
- Add tomatoes paste and turmeric powder, coriander powder and cook the masala until the oil starts to separate from the pan and float at top of the gravy.
- Pour whisked curd into the masala and cook it well for 2/3 minutes.
- Put fried Arbis into the masala and cook it for 2 minutes. now add 1 cup of water and cover the pan with lid.
- Cook recipe for 8-10 minutes on a medium flame.
- Dum Arbi is ready to serve. garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with hot crispy paranthas, chapatis or rice.
- Ajwian seeds are very important to enhance the flavour of Dum Arbi.
- Same Hing is very essential, it also enhances the flavour and helpful indigestion.