CARROT CAKE WITH PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Carrot Cake with Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting rich, moist cake has all the flavour, without all the fat and calories. Because it is so full of carrots, pineapple, and nuts it is similar to a fruit bread. For the best flavour, bake the cake one day ahead.
Table of Contents
- cooking spray
How to make Carrot Cake with Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together in a bowl. Lightly beat eggs in a bowl; add white sugar, buttermilk, applesauce, oil, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and mix well. Stir buttermilk mixture, carrots, pecans, and drained pineapple into flour mixture just until mixed; pour into prepared dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool cake in baking dish on a wire rack, about 1 hour. Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Beat Neufchatel cheese and 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice together in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth; add confectioners’ sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 pinches salt and beat until frosting is smooth. Spread frosting on the cake.
- Enjoy Carrot Cake with Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting.