KADAI PANEER RECIPE
Kadai Paneer Recipe is one of the most popular Indian paneer recipes and is best enjoyed with naan or roti!
Table of Contents
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted1 t
- tablespoon oil, 15 ml, I used avocado oil
- 1 medium red onion, 150 grams, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ginger garlic paste
- 3-4 medium tomatoes, 450 grams, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 3/4 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1-inch ginger, julienned, divided
- 1/2 cup water, 4 oz/120 ml
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, 30 ml
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large green bell pepper (capsicum), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 225 grams paneer, cubed, if using store-bought paneer soak it in warm water for 20-25 minutes before using
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri methi, dried fenugreek leaves
- cilantro, to garnish
How to Make Kadai Paneer Recipe
- In a large kadhai or any other pan, now melt butter with oil on medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and saute for 3 minutes until softened. Then add the sliced green chili and ginger garlic paste and saute for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste. Mix and cook for around 6 minutes until tomatoes are really soft.
- Then add 3 to 4 teaspoons of the Kadai masala that you prepared earlier (or add the whole thing if you like it spicy). Also add the garam masala, Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Add half of the ginger julienne. Stir the spices and cook for 30 seconds.
- Then add 1/2 cup water and stir.
- Add cream, salt and sugar and mix. Cook for one minute.
- Add in the paneer and bell peppers (capsicum) and mix. Cover the pan or kadai with a lid and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on medium heat until bell peppers are slightly softened. You only want them half-cooked here.
- Crush Kasuri methi and add to the pan.
- Garnish with remaining ginger julienne and cilantro. Serve Kadai paneer with naan or paratha.
- Enjoy Kadai Paneer.
Kadai Paneer Recipe Video
Nisha Madhulika Recipes
Tea & Coffee: Nisha Madhulika Tea & Coffee
Breakfast Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Breakfast Recipes
Soup Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Soup Recipes
Main Course Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Recipes
Desserts Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Desserts Recipes
Kids Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Kids Recipes
Pasta Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Pasta Recipes
Smoothie Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Smoothie Recipes
Zero Oil Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Zero Oil Recipes
Diabetic Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Diabetic Recipes
Diet & Health Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Diet & Health Recipes
Recipes By Nisha Madhulika
- SMOOTH & JUICY – Recipes To Look Great And Feel Amazing!
- MILK, VEGAN – 33 Recipes For Plant-Based Milk
- RAW FOOD SELF MADE – A Journey Across Raw Food Cuisine
- FEELS GREAT. TASTES GREAT. CHRISTMAS!
- 100% RAW LOVE – The Ultimate Recipe Collection
- Trending Pastry Techniques (Cakes & Desserts)