MUSHROOM SOUP | MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE | CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
Mushrooms Soup is packed with nutritional value. They’re low in calories, are great sources of fibre and protein (good for plant-based diets). They also provide many important nutrients, including B vitamins, selenium, potassium, copper, and (particularly when exposed to the sun) vitamin D.
Table of Contents
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 10 mushrooms peeled and chopped
- 50g or 2oz flour.
- ¾ pt or 425ml semi‑skimmed milk
- pinch of salt if desired.
- 1pt or 575ml of homemade chicken or vegetable
- stock (page 22) or 1 low‑salt stock cube.
- dissolved in 1pt or 575ml of boiling water
- 1 finely chopped onion
How to make Mushroom Soup
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the mushrooms and onion and fry,
stirring continually for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir well. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in the stock and milk and bring to the boil.
- Keep stirring.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, until thickened.
- Add corn to soup to extra texture and taste
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy Mushroom Soup.