KHASTA KACHORI RECIPE
Khasta Kachori Recipe is a delicious, spicy, fried puff pastry. Kachoris are great as an appetizer or as part of a festive meal for any occasion. Khasta kachori recipe – it is deep-fried, a puffed pastry stuffed with spicy moong dal stuffing.
Table of Contents
Khasta Kachori Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (plain flour or
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup chilled water, more or less as
- ¼ cup yellow moong dal (available in
Indian grocery stores)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon mango powder (amchoor)
- Pinch of asafetida (Hing)
- ½ teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Oil to deep-fry
How to make Khasta Kachori Recipe
- Mix the flour, salt, and oil.
- Add the chilled water slowly, mixing with your fingers as you pour.
- Do not knead the dough. It should be very soft.
- Cover the dough and let it sit at least fifteen minutes
- Grind the moong dal dry, almost to a powder.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of oil into the ground dal in a frying pan and roast over medium heat for two to three minutes, or until the dal changes color slightly.
- Stir continuously.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add all the spices and mix well.
- Let the mixture cool off.
- Add two tablespoons of warm water and mix well.
- Let sit ten minutes, covered with a damp cloth
- Take the dough and knead it for minutes. Divide the dough into twelve equal parts.
- Take one part of the dough and with your fingers flatten the edges to form a three-inch circle, leaving the center a little thicker than the edges.
- Mold the dough into a cup and place one teaspoon of the filling in the center.
- Pull the edges of the dough to wrap the dal filling.
- Proceed to make all twelve balls.
- Let the filled balls sit for three to four minutes before rolling.
- Set the filled balls on a surface with the seams facing up.
- Using the base of your palm, slowly flatten them into circles about three inches in diameter.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat frying pan should have about one inch of oil. To check if oil is ready put a little piece of dough in the oil. It should sizzle, and come up very slow.
- Fry them on medium-low heat. After they start to puff, slowly turn them over. Fry until golden-brown on both sides.
- If the kachoris are fried on high heat, they will get soft and will not be crispy.
- Kachoris can be stored for at least a week in an airtight container.
Nisha Madhulika Tips
- Kachoris can be served plain, with a variety of chutneys, with Chola (a chickpea dish), or with dam aloo (a potato dish).
- Serve them as a chat, pouring plain yogurt and chutney on top.
- Enjoy Khasta Kachori.
Khasta Kachori Recipe Video
Nisha Madhulika Recipes
Tea & Coffee: Nisha Madhulika Tea & Coffee
Breakfast Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Breakfast Recipes
Soup Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Soup Recipes
Main Course Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Recipes
Desserts Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Desserts Recipes
Kids Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Kids Recipes
Pasta Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Pasta Recipes
Smoothie Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Smoothie Recipes
Zero Oil Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Zero Oil Recipes
Diabetic Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Diabetic Recipes
Diet & Health Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Diet & Health Recipes
Recipes By Nisha Madhulika
- SMOOTH & JUICY – Recipes To Look Great And Feel Amazing!
- MILK, VEGAN – 33 Recipes For Plant-Based Milk
- RAW FOOD SELF MADE – A Journey Across Raw Food Cuisine
- FEELS GREAT. TASTES GREAT. CHRISTMAS!
- 100% RAW LOVE – The Ultimate Recipe Collection
- Trending Pastry Techniques (Cakes & Desserts)